Skip to main content

I keep getting these terrible headaches. How do I stop them?


For a while, I suffered from persistent, recurrent headaches that only taking Nurofen could shift. I found my headaches came down to a few things.


Eyestrain
  • Lack of rest, especially the eyes,
  • Dirty glasses
  • Lighting coming from behind the tv/monitor, a bit like an eclipse

The brain
  • Lack of water, drink water without crap in it. Crap = flavours, additives etc.
  • Caffeine withdrawal, caffeine pills
  • Alcohol dries out the brain, drink more water

The body
  • Poor posture, sit upright adjust your keyboard monitor, seat properly, and foot rest
  • Take regular breaks, from working
  • Get the right amount of sleep for you. Varies between 6 - 10 hours because of age, gender, and recent activity

It took me months to clear all the crap out of the system.

The biggest threat to my brain was my favourite fizzy orange drink. When I really had a look at the back I was surprised to see so many e numbers it made my head spin.

I now don’t use Nurofen or get crippling migraines.

Please note: This is not medical advice. I am not a doctor.

Something that will help your doctor is a little diary of when and where these headaches occur. Also along side, this put the severity and length of a headache.

The doctor likes evidence like this.


Good luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I have a neurodiversity diagram on my twitter

My life has been shaped by my neurodiversity. Diagnosed Dyslexic, ADHD inattentive and going through ASD diagnosis. I discovered this diagram shortly after I was made homeless in 2013. I started this disability blog  you are reading and my Twitter , to help others with their disabilities. The neurodiverse and design It is the visual nature and compartmentalization, which make this picture so attractive to me. In my underemployed days, I have been chiefly in the design arena. I worked for an architecture firm designing Tesco carparks. As a web designer and marketing manager for a PPE company. I have been an email designer for many sales companies. And all through those and others, I have loved design. And this simple design says a lot, all described below. Dyspraxia DCD What is dyspraxia? Difficulties with planning movements, co-ordination and practical tasks as well as tracking and balance, poor spatial awareness and muscle tone What is DCD? Also known as dyspraxia, Development Coordin

DEFY ABUSE: Simple rules to resist abuse

Being Nuerodiverse can mean that you are the target of abuse or that you are not aware enough to avoid it. My Youtube video may help you avoid abuse. Avoid it by making connections, speaking up, being visible and not being embarrassed. I hope this helps. Your feedback and comments are welcome.